Anyway, I cleaned it as well as I could. It was in pretty bad shape. Then I put duct tape over the gold parts that I didn't want to paint. it was what was laying around, masking tape would probably work better. Cutting the tape into the right shapes was half the work. I used Krylon spray paint in Watermelon and started painting away. I was interrupted by my Stepdad, who used to be a professional painter, telling me I was doing it wrong so he took a break from mowing the lawn and came over to show me how it's really done. Apparently the way I was doing it was going to waste lots of paint.
He did it so well that it only needed the one coat of paint. We let it dry for the rest of the day and now I have a pretty pink vintage suitcase to use for whatever my heart desires. The suitcase cost me $1 at a yard sale and the paint was $3.75 at Wal-Mart. Bonus!
*This post may be linked up to one of these awesome link parties.